Recipe by Sisty Gin
This is comfort food! It's not low fat-low cal, but it is good!!!!! And easy!!!! My favorite combination.
Top Review by Linda B
If you like cheese and canned green chilies, you are going to love this! I halved the recipe,using 2 small cans of chilies (recipe does not specify size) & baked in 8X8 pyrex dish. I think whole recipe will serve more that 4 to 6 people. Very easy to prepare & utterly delicious.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup canned milk
- 2 (3 ounce) cans green chilies
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs with the flour and milk.
- In a casserole dish, layer chilies and cheese, starting with the chilies.
- Pour egg mixture over the chilies and cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Mix together salsa and tomato sauce.
- Pour over and continue baking for 20 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.