Recipe by Chef Mumsie Moskal
This is a nice dependable loaf that is moist and flavourful. Very easy to make and the ingredients are usually available in everyone's kitchen.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup full sour cream
Filling and Topping
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- cream margarine with sugar.
- Add 2 beaten eggs and the vanilla.
- Add all dry ingredients at once with the sour cream and mix until thoroughly moist.
- Spread 2/3 of batter on bottom of a well greased bundt pan.
- Sprinkle filling on top.
- Add remaining dough on top and sprinkle remaining topping.
- Using a knife slice through cake and the eight shape to swirl filling through entire cake.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) for 35-40 minutes.