Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe for sugar cookies has been passed down in my famiy for generations. I always try to make them with my children atleast once during the holidays.
- Cream together sugar and shortening.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix together eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and liquid ingredients alternately to creamed sugar/shortening mixture.
- Chill for one hour.
- Cut into rounds or shapes.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden.
- Approximately 12 minutes.
This is a nice basic sugar cookie recipe. I cut them into rounds with a biscuit cutter and sprinkled with colored sugar before baking. Easy to make and yummy. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2009.