Recipe by Braden, Blake and Bren's Mom
This recipe for sugar cookies has been passed down in my famiy for generations. I always try to make them with my children atleast once during the holidays.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
This is a nice basic sugar cookie recipe. I cut them into rounds with a biscuit cutter and sprinkled with colored sugar before baking. Easy to make and yummy. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugar and shortening.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix together eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and liquid ingredients alternately to creamed sugar/shortening mixture.
- Chill for one hour.
- Cut into rounds or shapes.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden.
- Approximately 12 minutes.