Recipe by NancyAnne
I never knew what carrot cake tasted like until Grandma sent me this recipe. I am allergic to nuts and had to make it myself to try it! Consequently I have nothing to compare it to, but I have had several people tell me it is the best carrot cake they've ever eaten. I even made it for our wedding cake.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a yummilicious carrot cake and one of our family favourites. I have not tried the frosting, but I can definitely vouch for the taste of this cake! A real keeper :)
- 236.59 ml oil
- 3 eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml carrots, grated
- 566.99 g can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml flaked coconut
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts (optional)
- 113.39 g package cream cheese
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- milk (just a little)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat together the oil, eggs, and sugar.
- Add the carrots and pineapple.
- Sift together and mix into the carrot mixture the flour, cinnamon, soda, and salt.
- Stir in the coconut and the nuts.
- Pour into an ungreased 9x13-inch pan and bake at 350F for 45 minutes. If you are using a glass pan, bake at 325°F.
- To make frosting, cream together the cream cheese and the margarine, then beat in the powdered sugar, and add just enough milk, if any, to make it a good spreading consistency.
- When cool, frost the cake with the cream cheese frosting.