This is one of my favourite memories from going to my Grandma's house. She would make this every Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday and there were hardly any leftovers. My Grandma passed away in 2003 and now her recipe has become a staple in my house during those occasions. I hope you enjoy it has much as my family does!
- Prepare the cherry jello powder according to the directions on the package in a glass mixing bowl. Put it in the fridge and let it set.
- Once set, prepare the dream whip according to the package and cut the cream cheese into small chunks, (if you're not a fan of chunks, you could whip it all together). Mix the cream cheese into the dream whip and layer it on top of the cherry jello. Let it set in the fridge.
- *You could save yourself time if you do step 1 and step 2 together and let both set in the fridge at the same time.*.
- Drain the crushed pineapple and rinse with cold water approximately 3-4 times to remove most of the acidic juice. Make sure to squeeze out the excess water with your hands.
- Make the lemon jello powder according to directions and let it partially set.
- Mix the pineapple into the lemon jello and layer over top of the dream whip mixture.
- Let set in the fridge and serve. (For the best results, put saran wrap over the salad and let it set overnight).
- Note: The dream whip should be one of the small envelopes.