Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from my husbands grandmother. It's a family favorite. We don't know where she got it from. We were married 10 years before she gave me the recipe.
- 2 (29 ounce) cans cling peach halves
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (zest of 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (zest of 1 orange)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Drain peaches, set aside.
- Drain 1 1/2 cups of syrup from the peaches into a saucepan.
- Add Kahlua, sugar, vinegar, peels and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour over drained peaches, cool and refrigerate.
Had made this years ago from an old kahlua recipe book...liquor manufacturers used to put out paperback recipe books which liquor stores would give out free...delicious treat over ice cream
Fantastic flavor! Do try the Kahlua, you won't be disappointed. I also used apple cider vinegar instead of tarragon white wine vinegar. I plan to make several jars for Christmas gifts. Great over vanilla ice cream!
These are wonderful, and I often make batches to give away at Xmas time. My changes: I can't get my mind around coffee and peaches together, so I always use dark rum instead of Kahlua. I also use cider vinegar or white vinegar instead of tarragon-flavored. Absolutely delicious and EASY!