Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The easiest fluffy dumplings you'll ever make. The recipe is from my Czech grandmother. She had ten children to feed, so she really knew what she was doing.
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk or 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Break egg into bowl,add milk.mix together with a fork.
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Add moist ingredients to dry and mix just until combined.
- Add melted butter to mix, stirring with a fork just until blended.
- Drop by tablespoon on chicken or beef stew.
- Cover pot with lid, and steam 10 minutes over low heat.
- No peeking until done!