Recipe by Mama D #1
The easiest fluffy dumplings you'll ever make. The recipe is from my Czech grandmother. She had ten children to feed, so she really knew what she was doing.
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk or 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Break egg into bowl,add milk.mix together with a fork.
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Add moist ingredients to dry and mix just until combined.
- Add melted butter to mix, stirring with a fork just until blended.
- Drop by tablespoon on chicken or beef stew.
- Cover pot with lid, and steam 10 minutes over low heat.
- No peeking until done!