1/1 Photo of Grandma Maroni's Meatballs and Maroni Sauce 100 Year Old Recipe
1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe on the Food Network website on Throwdown with Bobby Flay. It is from Maroni Cuisine in Northport, New York. I saw the episode and was inspired to make the meatballs. Boy am I glad I did. They are so good! Truly the best meatballs I have ever eaten. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/throwdown-with-bobby-flay/grandma-maronis-meatballs-100-year-old-recipe-recipe/index.html The original recipe uses ounces-I have somewhat converted it into teaspoons and cups. (Hopefully I have done it correctly, but it tastes good too with my measurements!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs (4 ounces) or 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs (4 ounces)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup grated romano cheese (6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup grated Spanish onion (3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely diced fresh garlic (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaf (2 ounces)
- 1For the meatballs:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- 3Mix chuck, bread crumbs, eggs, milk, Romano, onion, garlic, parsley and basil thoroughly in large bowl. If mixture seems a little loose add more bread crumbs.
- 4Roll meatballs loosely about the size of a golf ball and place on baking sheet. Place into preheated oven for approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- 5To make the sauce:.
- 6In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil. Once heated add the finely sliced garlic and onions to the pan. Cook over medium heat until soft and slightly brown. Next add the canned crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper and stir. Allow the sauce to come to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the julienned basil.
- 7Simmer meatballs in sauce for about 10 minutes, and then serve over al dente pasta. YUM!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Maroni's Meatballs and Maroni Sauce 100 Year Old Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.8
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 166.2 mg
- Sodium 1109.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 24.7 g