Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
100 Year Old Recipe Moist and Tender - The Best Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 4 ounces dried breadcrumbs
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ounces whole milk
- 6 ounces grated romano cheese
- 3 ounces grated Spanish onions
- 2 ounces finely diced fresh garlic
- 2 ounces finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 ounces finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in large bowl. If mixture seems a little loose add more bread crumbs.
- Roll meatballs loosely about the size of a golf ball and place on baking sheet.
- Place into preheated oven for approximately 35 to 40 minutes. Enjoy!
I aborted this while trying to put it together; I wish the ingredients were listed with volume measures rather than weight. I do have a kitchen scale, and when I weighed out 2 ounces of garlic, it would have been like 2 whole heads, lol.. I'm sure the restaurant does make these using weight measurements for consistency when making up huge batches, and scaled it down for family use, but it just doesn't seem right..
this was the best meatballs i've ever made! went over huge with the family! after watching this recipe beat bobby flay on his throwdown show - we tried it and LOVED IT!
I wondered about this when watching thowdown because I know it didn't have any salt or pepper added. I wonder if this would help. I know nothing tastes good without salt and pepper!