Recipe by Tiomarrano
This is a simple dish, maybe not low fat but quite elegant in its simplicity
Top Review by Alley Barbie
My family adds 1 part whole style corn 1 part cream style corn it gives it a great texture! We also put cheddar cheese on top for extra flavor! One of our favorites we make at every family get together and every special occasion!
- 2 (680.38 g) can corn (one regular and one cream style)
- 473.18 ml cracker crumbs (regular saltine crackers, more if needed)
- 1 onion (medium large,diced)
- 3 eggs (large)
- 354.88 ml evaporated milk (undiluted)
- 2.46 ml salt (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml pepper (or to taste)
- 59.16 ml butter (more if needed to cover casserole,divided into little pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first seven ingredients well including the liquid from the can of regular corn. You might need to add or subtract cracker crumbs according to desired texture.
- Place corn mixture in casserole dish or casserole pan with buttered bottom. Dot top of mixture with dots of butter all across the top. Place in preheated 350’ oven and bake until top of casserole turns golden brown.