Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple dish, maybe not low fat but quite elegant in its simplicity
Make and share this Grandma Mac’s Escalloped Corn recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans corn (one regular and one cream style)
- 2 cups cracker crumbs (regular saltine crackers, more if needed)
- 1 onion (medium large,diced)
- 3 eggs (large)
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk (undiluted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoons butter (more if needed to cover casserole,divided into little pieces)
- Mix first seven ingredients well including the liquid from the can of regular corn. You might need to add or subtract cracker crumbs according to desired texture.
- Place corn mixture in casserole dish or casserole pan with buttered bottom. Dot top of mixture with dots of butter all across the top. Place in preheated 350’ oven and bake until top of casserole turns golden brown.
My family adds 1 part whole style corn 1 part cream style corn it gives it a great texture! We also put cheddar cheese on top for extra flavor! One of our favorites we make at every family get together and every special occasion!