Recipe by Jenny Frenny
Better known in our family as "Green Stuff" and used to be something Grandma had on her table every time we would visit. I am trying to keep the tradition going now that she's not with us any more.
Top Review by luv2cookinpa
i have been looking for this recipie for a while. My grandmother used to make this for the holidays and this year i wanted to surprise everyone and bring it. A few changes, used milk instead of cream, added a few extra marshmellows so that you could see them. Everyone was so excited!
- 1 (3 ounce) box lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put jello and marshmallows in a mixing bowl. Pour boiling water over both. Stir to dissolve jello and melt marshmallows.
- In another bowl, mix cream cheese and whipping cream until smooth and creamy.
- Add cream cheese mixture and pineapple to jello and stir well. Add nuts if desired. Mix well.
- Pour in mold if desired or in the bowl you plan to serve the salad in and refridgerate for 3-5 hours.