Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This potato casserole is a family favorite and we serve it often with baked ham.
- 1 (32 ounce) package hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flakes
- Combine 1/4 cup melted butter, soup, sour cream, onion, and cheese, mix in with hashbrowns, and place in a 9x13 baking pan.
- Mix crushed cornflakes with the remaining 2 tbsp melted butter, spread on top of the potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degress for about 45 minutes or till done.
This was a real tasty side dish. I did half the recipe since it is just DD and myself. I did make a change though I used Cream of Mushroom soup because I really don't fancy Cream of Chicken. Even by making recipe by half it sure makes a lot. I have lots leftover...guess I know what is for some lunches. Made for the Spring PAC '09