Recipe by Upper Crusty
Grandma taught Mom how to make this and Mom had a tree to make as much as she wanted! Remember to peel and cut the figs under running water or the acid will hurt your hands. Totally excellent on buttered English Muffins!!
Top Review by Chef floWer
This is my first time making figs jam. I normally eat figs fresh but my mum gave me a lot of fig. To much to consume and figs don't have a long fresh life, so that's the reason why I made fig jam. I only used half the serving and had two jars which was perfect. One for me and one to give back to my mother and say thank you. :) It's very yummy. Thank you Upper Crusty for sharing your Grandma's Recipe.
- 2267.96 g figs, peeled and cut up
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml honey
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick (very fine)
- 3 cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare first 3 ingredients (use cup for cup of Sugar to figs) and let stand in a bowl over night.
- Boil with sliced lemon and orange. After the mixture cooks a bit, add the cinnamon and cloves (use the cloves to your taste).
- Cook until clear.
- Set into prepared jars, per standard canning instructions.