Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Grandma-in-law brought this recipe with her when she moved from Alberta, Canada many years ago to "the States." It is a staple at Christmas, and a very rich, special dessert.
Bottom Layer Crust
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml cocoa
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 236.59 ml coconut flakes
Middle Layer white icing
- 59.14 ml butter
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml custard powder (Byrd's)
Top Layer chocolate icing
- 2 baking chocolate squares
- 14.79 ml butter
- Stir butter, sugar, and cocoa till smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Heat in a double boiler until melted.
- Remove heat adn add crumbs and coconut.
- Mix well and spread in a 9x12 pan.
- Let cool- this is the crust layer.
- Mix the butter, powdered sugar and custard powder with a little milk until smooth.
- This is the icing middle layer.
- Melt 2 squared of baking chocolated with 1 Tablespoon of butter
- Pour over the top.
- Refrigerate till firm, cut and serve.
- Must be kept in the fridge.