Recipe by marieelena
This dish works best with fresh ingredients, but I sometimes can't find fresh long green beans, so I use a 16 oz package of long frozen green beans and reduce the cooking time to 1 1/2 hours instead of 2 hours.
- 16 ounces long fresh green beans, snapped in half
- 6 ounces fresh onions, chopped
- 7 ounces fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French's French fried onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, thoroughly mix all ingredients except half (1.4 oz) of the French's French Fried Onions.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degree oven for 2 hours, until hot and cooked.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly and top with remaining half (1.4 oz) of the French's French Fried Onions.
- Bake for 5 minutes, until the onions are golden.