Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Grandma Law's Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla well with a wooden spoon.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt together - add flour mix gradually to creamed mixture - 1/3 at a time. Mix well with wooden spoon until forms together then continue to mix with your hands towards the end form into a big ball and the texture is smooth - divide into 3 pieces easier to handle. No flour needed, just roll dough into a ball like a tea cookie then place on surface and roll with your fingers into a long shape and fold over like a pretzel or make a favorite shape.
- *I use margarine - Blue Bonnet or Mrs. Filbert’s; when using margarine soften margarine in a large bowl in the microwave watch carefully not to melt. Butter surely tastes good too.
- *Put a towel under your bowl and set your bowl in the sink when mixing less mess easier to stir.
- *If you use a cookie press chill dough.