Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another Recipe from Penzey's One magazine
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour uncooked rice on the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan. Top with onions.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and lay over the rice.
- Combine soups, broth, and garlic. Pour over chicken and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until chicken is tender and rice is cooked.
This was so easy & came out so delicious!!! The only problem was there was some rice that didn't get cooked & the occasional crunch was odd. But the flavor...and the chicken was perfect. great dish!!