Prep 2 hrs
Cook 8 mins
A favorite snacktime treat for the kids!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and sugar into a large bowl.
- With pastry blender, cut butter into flour mix until it is the consistency of coarse corn meal.
- With fork, stir in egg, milk, and vanilla; mix well, with hands.
- Form into a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Divide dough into 4 parts.
- Roll about 1/8" thick on a lightly floured surface; cut out shapes with cookie cutter.
- Place 1" apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes, or until light golden.
I made 2 batches of these and served them at tea time this evening. We enjoyed them. Thanks for the yummy recipe!