Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another family heirloom recipe passed down to us family members! Different than the other Sausage recipes - give it a try!
- 2 (1 lb) packages Jimmy Dean sausage (regular log)
- 1 bunch celery
- 2 onions
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) boxes Lipton soup secrets noodle soup mix (You will need 3 of the 4 packets)
- 9 cups boiling water
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Use a food processor to finely chop the onion and celery (or you can do it by hand).
- Brown sausage, celery and onions in a large skillet, drain off fat.
- Place in large casserole dish.
- Mix dry soup mix with the 9 cups of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together and bake covered at 325F for 1½-2 hours.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #63* WOW ! You could feed a small army with this ! I made 1/2, using 1 cup rice and 1 pound sausage, 4 1/2 cups of veg. broth (needed to use) -- and couldn't get it all in a 3 quart casserole ! Since there are just 2, we had leftovers for 2 meals ! This is very tasty and well-seasoned, though I did not add salt. Other than chopping, went together quickly. Made something similar years ago, but didn't save the recipe -- I WILL save this ! Thanks for posting, Mom2Rose.
Hiya! Thank you, my PAC baby for a delicious recipe! I halved this recipe and made it in a 9-inch square Pyrex baking dish. The only different thing I did was to use beef broth for over half of the liquid required. I had some to use up. Very comforting recipe. I served this with corn, tossed salad and garlic bread. This was made for Spring, PAC 2009.
Awesome recipe! Comfort food at it's best! I found the Lipton soup mix at the grocery store in a red box!! We will be making this over and over!!