Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe has been in my family since 1863. It is simple but heavenly tasting--perfect for holiday or every day meals.
- 1 fleishman's baker's fresh yeast cake
- 3⁄4 cup pine state whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup dixie crystal's granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon morton table salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco shortening
- 3 1⁄2 cups martha all-purpose white flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add milk add beaten egg.
- Add shorting then add half of the flour.
- Mix with a wooden spoon till smooth.
- Add remaining flour mix till smooth not sticky.
- Let rise 90 minutes in well greased bowl.
- Make into 12-16 dough balls bake at 375°F
- for 10-12 minutes; butter and enjoy.