Recipe by sbera007
These cookies were always my favorite growing up. They are a light crispy sugar cookie that melts in your mouth! I make these every year to remind me of Grandma.
Top Review by Robin in Jacksonville, FL
Extremely easy, but not being a fan of margarine, I swapped an equal amount of butter for the margarine. It should have been fine, and perhaps the end result was the way it should have been, but the cookies seemed rather oily, and also tended to break fairly easily.
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together margarine and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Combine oil, salt, and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Alternate add the oil mixture and dry ingredient mixture to batter. Don't worry if you have a lot of extra dry ingredients at the end; continue to add a little at a time so you don't flour your whole kitchen.
- Roll into balls.
- Flatten; add sprinkles if you want.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to13 minutes.