Recipe by Annacia
Grandma clearly knew her scones! this is the non healthy, full fat and most wonderful version. If anyone has the heart (no pun intended) to to trim these down in fat please let me know how it worked out.
Top Review by Debbwl
Rich!! These yummy scones are light, fluffy and so very rich. I made as written cutting the recipe down to make only 3 scones and still got 5 big scones sprinkled a little granulated sugar over the top just before baking. Thanks for the Great scone recipe.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins, pre soaked to plump
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, blend the sour cream and baking soda, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Cut in the butter. Stir the sour cream mixture and egg into the flour mixture until just moistened. Mix in the raisins.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. Roll or pat dough into a 3/4 inch thick round. Cut into 12 wedges, and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom.