1 hr 8 mins
This is the simplest banana bread. I have never found another quite as yummy. Sometimes I substitute half whole wheat flour to make it healthier. I also use smart balance organic instead of butter and I never use nuts even though Grandma did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- 3Cream sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
- 4Add eggs and mix.
- 5Add bananas one at a time and mix until well blended.
- 6In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients together.
- 7Add dry ingredients to banana mixture until blended.
- 8Pour into loaf pan.
- 9Bake one hour or until toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Isabelle's Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 426.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 6.6 g