Recipe by Vegwife
This is the simplest banana bread. I have never found another quite as yummy. Sometimes I substitute half whole wheat flour to make it healthier. I also use smart balance organic instead of butter and I never use nuts even though Grandma did.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Cream sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add bananas one at a time and mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture until blended.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake one hour or until toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean.