1/1 Photo of Grandma Ila Nelson's Lemon Dream Bars
Jennifer Rosholt's Note:
This recipe came from Whitefish, Montana and was given to me years ago by a dear friend. It had been passed down from her family for generations. I love the fragrance and flavor of lemons. This is by far the easiest and best tasting lemon bar I have come across. I have made it for bake sales, gifts, and simply to serve, and I always have requests for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups finely shredded coconut
- 1For Crust: In medium sized bowl, stir together flour and powdered sugar.
- 2Cut in butter with pastry blender or the tines of two forks. Press into greased 10x15x1 pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- 3For Filling: Beat together eggs, lemon juice, zest and juice of fresh lemon, flour, sugar, baking powder and coconut. Mix well and pour over hot crust. Return pan to oven and bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 4For Frosting: Beat together butter, lemon juice, vanilla and powdered sugar. Spread over filling when cool.
- 5Cut into bars & serve. Store covered.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Ila Nelson's Lemon Dream Bars
Serving Size: 1 (2007 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.7
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 111.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g