Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I love these rolls sooo much. They are wonderful for something to go with Thanksgiving dinner, or just a nice little roll to snack on. Hope everybody likes them.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup of warm milk
- 3⁄4 cup milk (scalded then cooled to lukewarm)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- Grease a ceramic bowl.
- Start warming milk.
- Measure flour in one bowl, salt and sugar in another.
- Beat the egg.
- When milk is scalded, add butter and stir, add salt and and sugar mix and stir, add egg and stir, add yeast and stir, and finally add flour slowly while stirring.
- Knead for five minutes.
- Place dough in greased bowl, drag dough through greased bowl and flip dough so greased side is up.
- Cover with dish towel and let rise for 2 - 1/2 hours.
- Punch down, make cloverleafs in muffin tins.
- Cover again and let rise for another hour until you.
- see a nice form.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes.
I used my kitchenaid..I put the flour,and yeast in the KA bowl mixed slightly..Heated all the milk in the microwave to 115 degrees.Added sugar to milk to dissolve and butter to melt..Turned my KA speed 2 and added milk mixture,and beaten egg..Mixed for 5 minutes..Placed dought in greased bowl to rise under a electric heated throw I use for all my bread making..Rise for 1 hour to double. Made the cloverleaf rolls ro rise again in about 45 minutes,baked in 15 minutes..We loved the texture and flavor of these rolls. i will definitely be making these again...
These rolls are delicious. Despite the unusual instructions, the method worked just fine. Next time I will go ahead and punch the dough down after 1 hours rest rather than wait the 2 1/2 hours. I made 12 rolls and they baked in 15 minutes.
These rolls were outstanding! They are the best rolls I've ever had. They have a wonderful taste! Thank you for sharing this great recipe.