Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 1⁄2 quarts popped corn
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- Put sugar, brown sugar, syrup, and water into a sauce pan--stirring until all sugar is dissolved.
- Add the butter--continue to cook but without stirring, until it reaches the temperature of 240F (Use a candy thermometer.).
- Put the popped corn into a large mixing bowl and add the salt to it.
- Pour the candied mixture over the pop corn and mix well.
- Shape into small balls and then wrap in wax paper.
the texture was a little gritty and they didn't want to stick together very well.
Thanks so much for this recipe Traci and Jeff. I made them for Halloween for my son's friends. They tasted like the ones we used to get on Halloween when getting a homemade treat was no big deal. My husband demanded to have some in his lunch for work! It's a keeper!