1/1 Photo of Grandma Hollar's No BBQ Sauce BBQ Chicken
My great grandma's recipe and the best BBQ chicken our family has ever had. No BBQ sauce required. We usually just use leg and thigh quarters but any part of the chicken can be used. Cook time is time chicken is cooked in sauce, not grilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pan mix all ingredients. If making more than 3 pieces of chicken you'll want to make enough sauce to cover the chicken. We've tripled and even quadrupled the recipe before.
- 2Place cleaned chicken pieces in the pan.
- 3Cook for 20 mins at medium temperature.
- 4Leaving chicken in the sauce place in refrigerator until ready to grill. We have grilled immediately but it's always better if allowed to sit in the sauce. The longer the better. We often leave it over night before grilling.
- 5It's usually a good idea to place foil on the grill rather than cooking directly. The chicken is so tender it sometimes tends to fall apart. Don't want to lose any down in the grill.
- 6Grill until no pink left on the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Hollar's No BBQ Sauce BBQ Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 1720.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g