Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from my Grandma Helen. It is a family favorite. This makes a very mild, sweet and sticky sauce. You can adjust the spice and sweetness to your liking.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 dashes Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 dashes salt
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 1 dash liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 -2 cup ketchup
- 1 -5 dash cayenne pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook covered on the lowest setting possible.
- Shake the pan occasionally to stir.
- Watch carefully, if the heat is too high, it will burn.
- Use the brown sugar and ketchup to your liking.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool and store in the refrigerator.
This reminded me of the sauce you get at the steak house. I had to do a little ingredient shopping but it was well worth it. Greta with anything! Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC FAll 2009.