Recipe by Megan's Mommy
This came from my Grandma Helen. It is a family favorite. This makes a very mild, sweet and sticky sauce. You can adjust the spice and sweetness to your liking.
Top Review by EliteTwig
This reminded me of the sauce you get at the steak house. I had to do a little ingredient shopping but it was well worth it. Greta with anything! Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC FAll 2009.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 dashes Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 dashes salt
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 1 dash liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 -2 cup ketchup
- 1 -5 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook covered on the lowest setting possible.
- Shake the pan occasionally to stir.
- Watch carefully, if the heat is too high, it will burn.
- Use the brown sugar and ketchup to your liking.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool and store in the refrigerator.