Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I like to add Brown sugar on the top of each muffin before baking. This is my grandma's recipe.
Make and share this Grandma Harlow's Hot Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Measure all bran & milk into mixing bowl, mix well, let stand 2 minutes.
- Add egg & shortening, beat well.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add to All bran mixture, stirring only until combined.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400* for 25 minutes.
- Serve Hot.