Recipe by Jason Weiser
These rolls are infamous throughout North Central Kansas (Osborne). If you have had them, you know... If you havent, well... prepare yourself.
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 1⁄4 ounces yeast
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 6 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and yeast & sugar- stir untill disolved, let stand until its active (bubbleing).
- Combine the rest of the ingrediants in a bowl.
- Mix everything together until dough is smooth (add addl flour if its too tacky).
- Place in a large covered container and store in refrigerator (upto 3 days).
- Select a small emount of dough (about enough that you can cup the palm of your hand.
- Roll dough into smooth balls, pulling seams until the ball of smooth.
- Place in a square baking pan.
- Allow to rise ~ 3 hours (rolls will rise and fill out pan).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 min or until brown.