Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Another recipe from my great German heritage!
Top Review by fruii
I forgot to rate this recipe so this review is to add the stars. I have made this 2 days in a row it was so very nice. I used packet vanilla sugar (quite a bit, like 1 tablespoon) on top and sprinkled with cinnamon, my husband , a man of few words, who usually says everything is "Good' when I ask how it was, emphatically said this was "Delicious!!!"
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 12 plums, halved and pitted
- sugar, for sprinkling
- lemon juice, for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs to mix.
- Mix well until uniform and add flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well before spooning batter into a greased or oiled 9" spring form pan.
- Place plums on batter skin side up and sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
- Spread cinnamon over plums and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool to lukewarm and remove from pan.