Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
My grandma used to make this often, but now she is getting too old (90 last Oct.) This has NO candied fruit in it, just good old nuts and you can frost if desired.
- In a large bowl, mix 3 cups flour, yeast, salt and sugar well.
- In a saucepan, heat milk, vanilla, and 1/2 cup butter slightly until butter melts. Cool with an ice cube.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and mix by hand for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 C flour and eggs and mix until well blended.
- Stir in remaining 3/4 C flour and hand mix until dough is smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out dough into two oblong shapes and spread 1 Tbsp melted butter on each piece.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and spread nuts onto both pieces of dough, to 1/2" from the edge.
- Roll up jelly roll fashion along the long side of the dough, and crimp ends shut. Seal ends and opening along dough with wet fingers, so that dough does not open up during baking.
- Place both on an ungreased cookie sheet, and allow to rise uncovered in a warm place until double in bulk, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake in a preheated 350° F oven for 20 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Allow to cool and frost with desired frosting.
There's a little work to making this recipe and also needs some time so make this on a day when you have a bit of time, considering I have never made stollen before but have worked with yeast for 25 years mine turned out really great, I plan on making this at holiday season, thanks for sharing Cheesy!...Kitten:)