This recipe is from the "Oregon Trail Cookbook"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1/2 c water with yeast and set aside to proof.
- 2Combine remaining 1 cup water, salt, sugar and oil.
- 3Stir in 2 c flour- enough to make a soft dough.
- 4Stir in yeast and beat vigorously.
- 5Add remaining flour.
- 6Knead until smooth and elastic.
- 7Let rise in a greased bowl until double.
- 8Punch down.
- 9Can be rolled out and cut like biscuits or just formed into rolls.
- 10Cover and let rise.
- 11Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes and nicely browned.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Faye's Hot Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.0
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 583.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g