Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the "Oregon Trail Cookbook"
- 1⁄2 cup lukewarm water
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 -5 cups flour
- Combine 1/2 c water with yeast and set aside to proof.
- Combine remaining 1 cup water, salt, sugar and oil.
- Stir in 2 c flour- enough to make a soft dough.
- Stir in yeast and beat vigorously.
- Add remaining flour.
- Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Let rise in a greased bowl until double.
- Punch down.
- Can be rolled out and cut like biscuits or just formed into rolls.
- Cover and let rise.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes and nicely browned.
Nice rolls-i made them in the bread machine-next time i would use less salt-a Tb is too much- thanks for the great recipe-will make agian
First time I ever made dinner rolls and they turned out perfect. Thank you so much!!!!! lucidwillow