Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Angela has long passed but her beans lived on. I make these when I'm tired of the same old side dish or lollygag too much & it's time for dinner. These are also good at room temperature which is good for potlucks.
- 1 lb fresh green beans or 16 ounces frozen green beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced or 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, to coat bottom of a medium sized saucepan
- Put olive oil in bottom of saucepan on medium low heat.
- Chop garlic as fine as you wish and place in pan, stirring to coat with the oil.
- Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Then add tomatoes and the green beans. Gently stir and cover.
- Lower the heat to low, simmer for about 20 minutes or to your desired doneness.
- Salt & pepper upon serving if desired.
A great way to fancy up some frozen green beans. I also used a little salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of dried dill. This was an excellent side for meatloaf and noodles. Thanks for posting Pooh Bear. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
Very simple to do. I added salt and pepper. I think this would be really good as a salad with italian dressing.
Very good and easy. I used frozen green beans. I also added some pre-cooked chopped bacon to give it a smokey flavour. Family loved these beans. Will be making this again. Was also very easy to put together.