Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My grandmother (who is now in her 90's) made this for us when we were kids. Don't let the green chiles put you off. It really is pizza-like. This recipe is incredibly easy and soooo good. Great as an appetizer or quick meatless weeknight meal.
- 3⁄4 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped ripe olives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- Mix all ingredients (except bread - duh!)
- Spread on French bread slices.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 350* for about 10 minutes.