1/1 Photo of Grandma D's Famous Snickerdoodles
Ms. Baker's Note:
It's a bold statement, but in my opinion --- There has been no Snickerdoodle yet to top Grandma D's Snickerdoodles. I've tried a dozen variations. These are famous in our family for good reason.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Mix together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs.
- 3Blend in flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt.
- 4Shape the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls (I make the balls larger than that. The bigger the ball, the bigger your cookie.)
- 5Mix the 2 teaspoons sugar and the 2 teaspoons cinnamon together.
- 6Roll the balls in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- 7Place the balls 2-3 inches apart (depending on size) on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 8Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are set.
- 9Immediately remove from the baking sheet.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma D's Famous Snickerdoodles
Serving Size: 1 (986 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 88.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g