1/2 Photos of Grandma D's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Ms. Baker's Note:
I love a good cookie - But THESE cookies have made me melt since grade school. I am careful not to make too many when I'm home alone for any length of time. There will be none for anyone else and I am left with "cookie eaters remorse" for DAYS afterwards. This is my favorite *instant gratification* treat. You won't be disappointed... Unless someone gets to them before you do. (Thanks, Grandma D!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Mix together shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- 3Add the baking soda that has been dissolved in hot water.
- 4Mix together the flour and salt in a separate bowl, then add to the first mixture.
- 5Add the oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- 6Drop the dough by teaspoon on to an ungreased baking pan, 2 inches apart.
- 7Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- 8Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma D's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 96.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g