Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love a good cookie - But THESE cookies have made me melt since grade school. I am careful not to make too many when I'm home alone for any length of time. There will be none for anyone else and I am left with "cookie eaters remorse" for DAYS afterwards. This is my favorite *instant gratification* treat. You won't be disappointed... Unless someone gets to them before you do. (Thanks, Grandma D!)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the baking soda that has been dissolved in hot water.
- Mix together the flour and salt in a separate bowl, then add to the first mixture.
- Add the oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by teaspoon on to an ungreased baking pan, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool.
Just like my Mother used to make. Growing up, I thought this was the only way to make chocolate chip cookies!!! These are my all time favorite chippers!
These cookies are, without a doubt, the very best chocolate chip cookie that I or my family have ever eaten. I can't even let them cool off before someone is taking one! (or two, or three). Excellent recipe! God Bless You, Grandma D.
These turned out perfect. I love oatmeal cookies and I love chocolate chip cookies. Now I can have both at one time. Yummm