Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from my Grandma. I like it because it has a rich flavor. It's the best chicken noodle soup I've ever tasted! I usually pull the chicken off the bone and shred it in small pieces so I don't have to worry about bones when I serve the soup. The chicken bouillon powder helps bring out the flavor of the chicken.
- Cook chicken about 1 hour in a large pot of boiling water.
- Add chopped celery, onions, and parsley. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add chopped carrots and potatoes. Cook for 15 minutes-20 minutes.
- Add chicken bouillon powder.
- Strain and set chicken and vegetables aside.
- Cook egg noodles in broth.
- Add chicken and vegetables back to water and noodles.
This was a really tasty soup - rich and delicious! I like lots of veggies so enjoyed the amount of carrots, celery and potatoes used. This soup will be a cold weather staple for my family!