1 hr 30 mins
Even those who do not like fruitcake like these cookies. Very chewy and moist cookie with spice overtones. These also freeze very well for make ahead holiday baking. This is a recipe that I adapted from a recipe clipped from a magazine years ago. Cooking time includes chilling & baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup fine chopped dates
- 3/4 cup uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup dark raisin
- 1 cup candied cherry, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped candied citron peel
- 1Cut 24 candied cherries in half for the garnish, set aside.
- 2Chop remaining cherries into medium pieces.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix pecans, dates, oats, raisins, chopped cherries and citron, and toss well to combine, then set aside.
- 4In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves,nutmeg and salt and set aside.
- 5Using electric mixer, cream butter.
- 6Add the sugar and beat until nice and fluffy.
- 7Add egg and beat well, then beat in sour cream.
- 8Gradually beat in the flour mixture, stirring well to combine.
- 9Stir in the fruit and nut mixture, making sure it is thoroughly combined.
- 10Cover and refridgerate at least 1 hour.
- 11Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 12Grease 2 cookie sheets and drop by teaspoonsful 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- 13Garnish each cookie with reserved cherry half.
- 14Bake 8-10 minutes (do not brown).
- 15Cool on wire racks and store in tightly covered container between sheets of waxed paper.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Drops
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 43.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied citron peel