1 hr 10 mins
Misses Wilson's Note:
Once again I find myself in the sharing mood so I present to you Grandma 'Drea's recipe for crisp. I have always enjoyed my mothers crisps and have never been able to get the topping down til I finally asked for the recipe. She used this same basic recipe no matter what the fruit and my first one was half fresh peaches and half fresh nectarines and it was perfect! I hope you all enjoy it over the years as I grew up doing so!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 peaches (peeled and sliced or chopped)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
The Crispy Topping
- 1Preheat oven @ 375`.
- 2Mix all filling ingredients til fruit is well coated
- 3Pour into a sprayed/greased 13X9 baking dish.
- 4Cut margarine or butter into the rest of the dry ingredients then mix til nice and crumbly.
- 5Spread LOOSELY over the fruit mix.
- 6Bake in a preheated oven @ 375` for 40-50 minutes.
- 7If the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden it's done baking.
- 8Cool for at least an hour on a wire rack to allow the crisp to "set".
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma 'drea's Peach Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.0
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 217.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 53.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g