Recipe by Misses Wilson
Once again I find myself in the sharing mood so I present to you Grandma 'Drea's recipe for crisp. I have always enjoyed my mothers crisps and have never been able to get the topping down til I finally asked for the recipe. She used this same basic recipe no matter what the fruit and my first one was half fresh peaches and half fresh nectarines and it was perfect! I hope you all enjoy it over the years as I grew up doing so!!
- 8 peaches (peeled and sliced or chopped)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
The Crispy Topping
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1⁄3 cups margarine (softened) or 1 1⁄3 cups butter (softened)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven @ 375`.
- Mix all filling ingredients til fruit is well coated
- Pour into a sprayed/greased 13X9 baking dish.
- Cut margarine or butter into the rest of the dry ingredients then mix til nice and crumbly.
- Spread LOOSELY over the fruit mix.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 375` for 40-50 minutes.
- If the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden it's done baking.
- Cool for at least an hour on a wire rack to allow the crisp to "set".