Recipe by HSingARMYmom
I got this recipe from my friend who makes the best sugar cookies. She got it from her grandma Dorothy.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, oil and sugars.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl stir dry ingredients together and then mix into wet ingredients,.
- Chill at least 4 hours, better if chilled over night.
- Roll out very thinly (1/4") and cut with cookie cutters. Use powdered sugar instead of flour for rolling to avoid a burnt flour taste on cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minute or until browned.
- Parchment paper recommended for baking.
- Prep time doesn't include chilling.