I got this recipe from my friend who makes the best sugar cookies. She got it from her grandma Dorothy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter, oil and sugars.
- 2Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- 3In a separate bowl stir dry ingredients together and then mix into wet ingredients,.
- 4Chill at least 4 hours, better if chilled over night.
- 5Roll out very thinly (1/4") and cut with cookie cutters. Use powdered sugar instead of flour for rolling to avoid a burnt flour taste on cookies.
- 6Bake at 350 for 8-10 minute or until browned.
- 7Parchment paper recommended for baking.
- 8Prep time doesn't include chilling.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Dorothy's Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.6
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 420.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g