Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This dish has been a favorite in our family for as long as I can remember. My siblings and I and our children all gobble this up.
- 1 cup uncooked pasta (penne, fusseli, shells...)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese (can be low fat)
- 5 -8 slices American cheese (orange)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse.
- Over a medium flame, mix margarine, cottage cheese and milk.
- Heat until mixed.
- Add the pasta.
- While still heating, tear the cheese into small squares and add.
- Heat until melted.
- Serve hot.
- (You can add cold milk afterwards if it is too hot for the kids).
This was very easy to make and my family loved it - especially my 6 yr old. Because the sauce was a little thin after everything was melted, I mixed everything and baked it at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. It turned out great.
I tried the recipe twice. The first time it came out quite plain. The second time was very dry, but still tasted nice with pasta sauce!! :)
This tasted just like macaroni and cheese. We found the sauce to be very very thin so we added more noodles. Next time I'd take Paige's suggestion and bake it.