Prep 24 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made this the night before a party and it turned out great. The kids even liked it veggies and all. You can adjust the ingredients to fit your heat preference. From "Grandma's Kitchen"
- 2 garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 7.39 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml hot pepper sauce
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 226.79 g roma tomatoes
- 450.19 g can black-eyed peas
- 311.84 g can whole kernel corn
- 158.51 ml sliced green onion
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 2.46 ml salt
- Mince garlic. Whisk garlic, red wine vinegar, oil, hot sauce and black pepper in a medium bowl until mixed.
- Peel and chop avocado into 1/2 inch cubes. Add avocado to the vinaigrette and mix gently.
- Chop tomatoes coursely. Drain and rinse black-eyed peas and corn.
- Add tomatoes, black eyed peas, corn, green onions and chopped cilabtro to the vinaigrette and mix well. Stir in salt.
- Serve immediately or chill mixture covered overnight.
- Serve with tortilla chips or spoon over nachos or taco salad.
Made for Spring PAC 09. Gorgeous fresh flavours and textures! This will my newest take-along dish for parties this Summer!