Made this the night before a party and it turned out great. The kids even liked it veggies and all. You can adjust the ingredients to fit your heat preference. From "Grandma's Kitchen"
- Mince garlic. Whisk garlic, red wine vinegar, oil, hot sauce and black pepper in a medium bowl until mixed.
- Peel and chop avocado into 1/2 inch cubes. Add avocado to the vinaigrette and mix gently.
- Chop tomatoes coursely. Drain and rinse black-eyed peas and corn.
- Add tomatoes, black eyed peas, corn, green onions and chopped cilabtro to the vinaigrette and mix well. Stir in salt.
- Serve immediately or chill mixture covered overnight.
- Serve with tortilla chips or spoon over nachos or taco salad.