Recipe by NotYourMommasCookin
Made this the night before a party and it turned out great. The kids even liked it veggies and all. You can adjust the ingredients to fit your heat preference. From "Grandma's Kitchen"
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 8 ounces roma tomatoes
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince garlic. Whisk garlic, red wine vinegar, oil, hot sauce and black pepper in a medium bowl until mixed.
- Peel and chop avocado into 1/2 inch cubes. Add avocado to the vinaigrette and mix gently.
- Chop tomatoes coursely. Drain and rinse black-eyed peas and corn.
- Add tomatoes, black eyed peas, corn, green onions and chopped cilabtro to the vinaigrette and mix well. Stir in salt.
- Serve immediately or chill mixture covered overnight.
- Serve with tortilla chips or spoon over nachos or taco salad.