Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from my MIL and Betty Crocker.
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses or 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- Cream together sugar, egg, shortening, and molasses.
- Mix together dry ingredients. Add to sugar ingredients. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonful on greases cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until done.
Made these using the brown sugar & they're great, & as much as I like chocolaty things, these were a very nice change of pace! Shared them with a neighbor couple & it was unanimous ~ 5 stars! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
I used molasses. I baked the cookies 10 minutes. And then let them rest on the cooking sheet for 2 minutes and removed them on a rack to cool. They have a great texture. The taste is so good. Thanks Lynn :) Made for PRMR tag game
Great cookies and so easy to do !